ATC Recruiting

The Scoop


Once you arrive in Korea, you only have to do the followings to settle. You will be issued social registration identification afterwards and you can enjoy all the benefits this country may offer.

1. Medical check
You need to complete a medical test at a local hospital close to your employment. The test has to include a drug test and a test for AIDS. A teacher/manager from your school will take you through the test so that you can avoid language difficulty. The medical test will cost around USD100 on your own expense.

2. Applying for an Alien Registration Card
Once you complete a medical test, you need to go to the Immigration Office with below listed documents and apply for an Alien Registration Card.

Required documents:
  - Passport
  - Results of medical test
  - Application fee of 10,000 KRW (10 USD)
  - Application form (located at the Immigration Office)

You will receive an ARC in 10 working days.

Tip: Home delivery is available for 4,000 KRW at the immigration office.

3. Applying for multiple-entry/re-entry visa
Except for teachers from the USA, we strongly recommend applying for multiple-entry/re-entry visas. American teachers automatically receive multiple-entry/re-entry E2 visas. Default E2 visas for other teachers are single-entry.
It may be inconvenient to travel outside of Korea if you have a single-entry visa. When applying for an Alien Registration Card, apply for a multiple-entry/re-entry visa is simple. The application fee is 30,000 KRW at the Immigration Office.

4. Reimbursement of flight ticket
Inquire about reimbursement with the school’s administration office or your co-teacher. You must have a receipt for the ticket and your boarding pass to receive reimbursement. Your reimbursement will be deposited in your bank account after three weeks.

5. Opening a Bank Account Opening a bank account in Korea is simple.
Bring your passport and fill out an application form. Do not forget to get a check card for your account. A check card can be used like a credit card as long as you have a positive balance. You can also add services like ‘t-money’ to your card. These services allow you to use your card to pay for things like public transportation on busses, trains, etc. The amount used for these services will be deducted from your account at the end of the month.

Share |

Add new comment

Members Only! Please login!


Showing 0 of comments